Peaster ISD Guidelines for being sent home
Students WILL be sent home for any of the following reasons:
- Temperature of 100 or greater. Please note the student will need to be fever free for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
- Non-induced vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Undiagnosed rash.
- Head lice- Please note the student will be required to be reassessed by the health office the following morning prior to the beginning of the school day with a parent.
- Unilateral or bilateral eye redness with drainage and/or dried crust
- Ringworm of the scalp
*Please note these are guidelines. Your child may be sent home for reasons other than the ones stated above.
PICKING YOUR CHILD UP
– The parent will be expected to come for the child within one hour or a reasonable time agreed upon with the nurse or school personnel. In the event the parent/guardian or designated contact cannot be reached, a parent conference may be held at the earliest opportunity to establish correct contact numbers, school district expectations, and parental responsibilities.
Kim Barry, RN
817- 341- 5000 ext 2022.